Yields 2 Dozen Cookies
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 cup of M&M's
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and both sugars together. Make sure to scrape the sides with a spatula!
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth and combined.
4. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together and then dump it all to the butter mixture. Beat until combined.
5. Add all the M&M's and fold them in with a spatula.
6. Drop rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Keep about 1.5-2 inches apart, these will spread out while baking. (I slightly flatten them out with my fingers also, you can see the difference in the picture where the cookies are in the oven.)
7. Place baking sheet in the middle rack and bake for 8-10 minutes. Just until the edges are nice and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
8. Once cooled, enjoy! Of course, I couldn't wait until they were cooled all the way. :)
I was able to make 25 cookies in this batch, but it all depends on how big you make your cookies. I usually am able to get a little over 2 dozen when I use this recipe. You can also substitute with seasonal M&M's. Use pastel colored M&M's to make these cookies for Mother's Day!